infolinks

Friday, February 17, 2012

Nicki Minaj bored of acting sexy for men

The 'Check It Out' rapper was constantly told to act and dress in a seductive way when she started off her hip-hop career but she resisted.

Now that she is famous, Nicki insists that it's important to embrace your uniqueness as a woman rather than conform to the stereotypical concept of sexiness that pervades throughout the pop world.

"When I started getting serious about rap, the people closest to me were like, 'You should dress this way, you should speak that way, you should rap this way.' I just started feeling super caged in," Contactmusic quoted her as telling Daily Telegraph newspaper.

"It seemed the only look for women in hip-hop was sexy. I thought you had to do that. But it's boring. The typical sexy. I mean, girls wanna be sexy but I also think you have other sides of yourself," she said.

Nicki made a conscious decision to alter her look before her album 'Pink Friday' was released in 2010 because she realized she had been suppressing so much of her personality.

"Right before my album came out I felt like I had been hiding my personality - my comedic side," she added. (ANI)


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment