infolinks

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Song: M.I.A., 'Bad Girls'

After 2010's aggressively weird Maya, M.I.A. gets back to her brassy pop roots on "Bad Girls," the first single from her upcoming fourth album. Produced by Timbaland protégé Danja, the song's packed with thumping beats, slinky grooves and genius lyrics that never fail to flaunt the singer/rapper/hellraiser's trademark souped-up swagger.

"Bad Girls" was originally featured on "Vicki Leekx," the mixtape that M.I.A. released in December 2010. Revamped and shined up, the mid-tempo track boasts a sexy-sinister sample that sounds something like a snakecharmer's melody. But the real hook on "Bad Girls" is M.I.A.'s repeated firing of the song's two in-your-face refrains ("Live fast, die young, bad girls do it well" and "My chain hits my chest when I'm bangin' on the dashboard/My chain hits my chest when I'm bangin' on the radio"). Just like her 2007 supersmash "Paper Planes," the song immediately takes over your brain and leaves you nothing but stoked to be under its crazy spell.

M.I.A.'s rumored to take the stage with Madonna and Nicki Minaj at the Super Bowl halftime show this Sunday. Her as-yet-untitled new record drops sometime this summer.

+ Listen M.I.A., "Bad Girls."

Related Content Follow Buzzworthy On Twitter

Tags M.I.A.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment