infolinks

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

DJ Kekka - January 2012

PHOTOGRAPHY: GLEN TUNGOL OF EDGE OF LIGHT
INTERVIEW: JASON TULIO
STYLING: BADJ GALIAS-GENATO FOR BADJ SWIMWEAR AND COUTURE
MAKEUP: AMANDA PADILLA FOR ESTEE LAUDER
HAIR: ALEE BENSON
SHOT ON LOCATION AT PALLADIUM, NEW WORLD HOTEL, MAKATI CITY. SPECIAL THANKS TO VANESSA FRANCISCO, ESCADE MEDIA (WWW. ESCADEDJS.NET)
DJ KEKKA APPEARS COURTESY OF PALLADIUM’S PEARL NIGHT EVENT PHJanuary 25, 2012

When did you start modeling?
I was 13 when I started in children’s magazines. Then I moved on to beauty contests, eventually becoming a cover girl on magazines—Ckm, Maxim, DV8, and Playboy.

So you’ve been around the world.
Not really. I’ve done most of my shoots in Hungary. To be honest I love eating too much, and because of that I can’t be the typical skinny model that is traveling around the world and doing fashion shoots or shows.

Have you been to the Philippines before?
Unfortunately, no. A good friend of my mother’s was Filipina and she was always telling me how awesome this country is. That always made me curious and it became a dream for me to come here someday.

How did your DJ name come about?
Franciska is my real name but I live in Italy now and Italians are not so confident with foreign languages, so Franciska became Francesca. As is usual for Italians they started to call me by a shorthand nickname: Checca. From there I just translated it in Hungarian:Kekka.

How did you get into DJing?
I got into it because of the love for rhythm and music that my father gave me.

We heard your father was also a DJ. What influence did he have on you?
A very big and important one. Without him I would probably be a nuclear physicist. When other
kids were playing with Barbies and sports balls, I was playing with mixers and vinyls. I’m not joking. I don’t know how many times I saw my father building up sound systems or how many times we were choosing songs together. I think the energy I have while I play comes from him. He is always jumping and going crazy on stage. Dancing is the most organic way of expressing yourself. I know that when I dance, I forget about everything and let it all go. As he always said to me, “Never trust a DJ that can’t dance.”

How does DJing differ from modeling?
In the same way that being a plumber is different from being a flight stewardess. Changes are never easy, especially when you choose such a male-dominated profession.

Which profession did you think got you more attention, modeling or being a DJ?
Modeling was a big help in getting me attention when I started as a DJ. I mean, when you’re a cover girl all the men want to see you play. They go to the clubs because of that. And then it becomes my job to show that I’m not a fake; that I’m not just a Playmate but a real DJ.

Would you ever return to full-time modeling?
Never say never, but I don’t think so. Being a DJ was my dream and I absolutely love it.

Do you have any singles or albums currently on the market?
The first remix I did became No. 1 on Beatport and DjTunes dance charts within three days. Due of that success I started to work on my own song, I hope I can finish it soon.

Who do you find to be more interesting, models or DJs?
DJs, no question.

On that note, what do you look for in men?
Beauty is important, I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t but a man also has to make me feel good and laugh. Of course, he also has to make me feel like a princess.

It’s not every day that a model like you also does music. Do a lot of men in the music industry flirt with you?
They are men, so they would fl irt with me even if I was a truck driver.

What does it take for a man to appeal to you?
His eyes and the way he looks at me.

What can a man do to please you in the bedroom?
I know you want to hear something sexy but all I can say is that my lover doesn’t have to please me.

We must ask, with all innuendoes aside: What’s your opinion on Hungarian sausages?
They’re not a diet food so I don’t eat them very often. I do love blood sausages though. Other types are great too, especially in the winter time with hot wine


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment