infolinks

Monday, May 28, 2012

Marilyn Manson: Girls find my music sexy

Marilyn Manson thinks his music attracts girls that “take off their clothes”.

The singer has sparked outrage in the past for releasing songs about sex, violence and fascism. Marilyn admits his lyrics are controversial but he makes no apologies.

"My music gets me girls that take off their clothes,” he told the Los Angeles Times. “My music makes me happy. My music pays for cat food and for the life that I need to live. But that's none of the reasons why I do it. I do it because it's instinctual, because I love doing it. Leave me in a room with some crayons and I'll draw on the wall."

The 43-year-old singer has just released Born Villain, his first record in three years.

The album comes off the back of 2007's Eat Me, Drink Me and 2009's The High End of Low. Marilyn says the songs flowed when he recorded the new album.

"I didn't let my consciousness affect my sub-consciousness," he explained. "I just went with what was feeling right. And with this album I didn't have to have the lyrics in front of me while I was singing. I just knew them, and I was very certain about what I wanted to say."

The album has 14 songs including Hey, Cruel World…, Pistol Whipped and a distressed take on Carly Simon's You're So Vain featuring Johnny Depp.

Marilyn admits that recording the new material was not all smooth sailing.

"Making this last record wasn't all happy. It was ups and downs," he said. "To admit you want to have a comeback means you have to admit you weren't what you were supposed to be. You dropped below your own standard."

© Cover Media

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment